SUMMARY NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES Effective Date: January 1, 2008 THIS SUMMARY NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
If you have any questions about the Summary or the Notice of Privacy Practices, please contact the HIV Thrive. Privacy Officer at (949) 973-8560 or mich@HIVThrive
HIV Thrive is required by law to:
- Make sure that the health information that identifies you is kept private;
- Give you this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your health information; and
- Follow the terms of the notice that is currently in effect.
In order to provide you quality care and services, HIV Thrive. needs to use and disclose your health information for purposes of treatment, payment and health care operations. For example, we may use and disclose your health information to: * Contact you to recommend possible treatment alternatives or review current drug and alternative therapies
- Bill you, your insurance carrier or a third party for the products and services we provide for you.
- Conduct peer reviews, quality assessments and compliance audits, as well as other administrative functions.
- You have certain rights to your health information, including the right to:
- Access and obtain a copy of your health information;
- Request that HIV Thrive amend information that you believe is incomplete or incorrect; and
- Complain to The HIV Thrive or the Secretary of Health and Human Services if you believe your privacy rights have been violated.
All complaints must be submitted in writing. You will not be penalized for filing a complaint. To file a complaint with HIV Thrive, contact: Michelle J. Sherman, rph, fascp AAHIVE Privacy Officer at (949) 973-8560 or firstname.lastname@example.org We are strongly committed to safeguarding subscribers’ privacy.
Each time a subscriber logs into this site, we store a temporary ‘cookie’ in the browser files of that subscriber’s computer. This cookie is used during your online session to allow you free access to the Subscribers Area, without repeatedly requiring you to re-enter your user name and password. When you log off or leave the site, the cookies file is automatically removed.
In order to provide visitors with greater value, some of our pages may provide links to various third party websites. In no case is subscriber information or ‘cookies’ provided to the third party sites. However, keep in mind that many sites do attempt to capture visitor information when you browse those sites. Once you leave our site, we are not able to alert you should another site attempt to gather information from your browser.
We provide our subscribers with a multi-tiered Discussion Forum that makes sharing information with other subscribers easy. To protect your privacy when posting or replying to messages in the message board, your personal information and email is not revealed. However, remember that any information you disclose in the message board areas can be read by all other subscribers, so exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
We use a variety of security measures including encryption and authentication from Thawte to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information under our control.
Our site gives users the opportunity to opt-in to receive communications from us. You can be assured that we never reveal, sell, or make available your email address to anyone for any purpose. This site also gives users options for removing their information from our database in order to stop receiving our communications.